Saturday, June 19, 2010

Recap: Creative Grove 6/18




Friday was another day where Branded Baron shirts were being sold. This was the second time I was at thie artist market and I'm glad I was able to go. This time I made sure I got a bigger space, because I wanted to showcase Branded Baron more. I wanted to "peacock", so that the Branded Baron area stood out and attracted those walking by. As you can see I had more space with the tent, instead of just the table. The downside was the wind was strong at times, that it was knocking the shirt rack, until I was able to get some weight on it. That day was I was accompanied by fellow Branded Baron supporter and family member, my brother Kevin. It was cool to have him help out and I'm very appreciative for it. Next to us was a face painter and an artist, plus near us was another t-shirt company. I debated about getting my face painted, because hey we're all kids inside. I tried getting Kevin to get his face painted a couple times, but he declined each time. I couldn't wear him down to finally get that done. lol The other vendors were pretty cool.

The day started off slow, but then it picked up. Creative Grove had a DJ, but they also had karaoke. I must say that I'm glad I was able to borrow the girlfriend's portable ipod stereo. Kevin and I weren't able to take some of the atrocious singing. On a hot sunny Friday afternoon, why would anyone sing a sad song? People want to chill and party, especially if they left work. I will say that there were a couple people who could sing, but I enjoyed listening to my ipod, until it died. It was funny, because the guys next to us were asking for me to raise the volume of the ipod.

There seemed to be a positive response from everyone who stopped by. Thanks for all the people who now wear Branded Baron. It was good to see some familiar faces at this artist market and great to meet some new ones. I met Crusafix of Real Deal Radio, who is now Branded Baron. We were chatting for a bit on hip hop and he got some exclusive goodies when he picked up the "Space Can" tee. Expect to see myself and Jay Wise at the Real Deal internet show next Saturday.


I hope to participate at the Creative Grove a lot more this summer and since it is weekly, it would be great to do so. I'll announce on twitter and facebook on Thursday if I'm going to be there on Friday. I will post on the blog when Branded Baron will be selling at other events & festivals. So if you're in the neighborhood come on by. I enjoy meeting new people and new supporters. Let's be Stunningly Fresh.

Stay No Less Than Stunningly Fresh,
Joe



Another person rocking Branded Baron. He was a cool dude and shout out to his friend who bought some shirts for her friend...or was it her brother? Either way thanks you too.

The painter next to us.

Some people during the day.

I look very stiff, trying to pretend to be a mannequin. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment