Monday, June 7, 2010

Creative Grove Recap



This past Friday I was in Jersey City selling Branded Baron shirts at the artist market, Creative Grove. It was a very hot day with sun beaming directly at me at my table and it didn't help that I wasn't wearing shorts either. Nonetheless it was a cool event that had two Djs playing a variety of music. It also was cool that there was another Jersey City arts event that was celebrating its 5th year that day, so it made that night even more worthwhile. Normally Creative Grove starts from 2pm and ends at 8, but this other event gave me another 2 hours to sell. It was good, because later on there was a booth with live bands playing and beer being served. There were a bunch of food spots and I had these crepes by Lucinda Creperie that were very delicious. I can't forget about the organic bakery, who's tent was behind my table that had some very delicious chocolate chip cookies and pretty good lemonade. I know that's an awkward combo, you don't have to tell me.

I was alone again, because everyone was caught up with previous engagements and this was last minute. I like to thank Branded Baron supporter for stopping by purchasing a shirt, allowing me to interview him briefly, and hooking me up with some water. If you ever plan on selling anything in public, make sure you have someone to help, because you never know if nature calls, you get hungry, have to take care of more than one customer, have to feed the meter, etc. That's important, plus it gives you someone to talk to throughout the time you're there. I was lucky I had music, spoke to some people here and there, had twitter, but it's always good to have someone there. Check out the video below of the interview with Keith.



I like to thank everyone who came by the table and supported by purchasing one or more Branded Baron shirts. It was cool to chat to see people I knew as well. I think I will definitely go back to Creative Grove, since it is a weekly market. I had a good time and people left happy with new shirts and that's wonderful. Look forward to the new summer line coming out soon!

Stay No Less Than Stunningly Fresh,
Joe

The Djs with a girl debating whether or not she can hoola hoop on beat to the music.
The bakery stand that had some tasty baked goods.

Keith and his new favorite shirt, the black on red "Astrohop" These will be released on June 14th.
Close up of the table.

At one point, people were hoola hooping.

Night time at this market

No comments:

Post a Comment