Monday, June 28, 2010

Real Deal Recap


Saturday was cool, because I was interviewed on Real Deal Radio. Real Deal is definitely a cool hip hop show that interviews emcees and have them perform, but the way they go about it is very entertaining. I'll post a video from the whole day with Jay Wise later. So I met Crusafix of Real Deal a week before and he wanted to get me on for a small interview. I was definitely ready to do it and let people know about Branded Baron. I've seen the show multiple times and it's very entertaining. We spoke about having me and bringing Jay Wise on for a bit as well, so I told him to meet me at a certain time at a certain location. I forgot that he injured himself playing ball(I broke his ankle with a crossover) and he couldn't drive. I was handling business, so I had to go pick him up. I saw him and we both were wearing the same Branded Baron t-shirt. That wasn't going to work, so he switched to the Listen To Your Heart black t-shirt(Purchase here)

We drove to the city I grew up in, Union City and proceeded to walk to Real Deal. On today's 3p.m. episode they had fellow Stronghold crew emcee L.I.F.E.Long. He's worth checking out and he's releasing a new record soon. Once we arrived I knew where we were going by the smell of an herbal essence. I forgot that Hip hop enjoys some company from a particular plant. I'm not one that'll partake in the festivities of herbs, so I just deal with it. I'm there in business mode, ready to share info about Branded Baron. While waiting for when I go on, I see a new music video from L.I.F.E.Long as well here about his past and new info on his music. I've seen him before and he's dope. I texted Crusafix telling him Jay has a music video to, if you want show it while he's there, but we find out that they have to reschedule him. Jay Wise was cool with it and he gets to see what the show is about and preps himself when he's on. Besides I figure it's hard for him to perform while on crutches. You can perform, but I figure he wants to perform really well.


At a midway point, they bring me on and we discuss Branded Baron. I grabbed some shirts real quick before I left, so I can show the viewers and everyone on Real Deal. I took the bigger sizes, because I know in Hip Hop, some people like their shirts a bit baggier. What can I say, I had a hustler's mentality and figured I'd get a sale. What can I say the shirts got a positive response. L.I.F.E.Long and his boy went crazy over my shirts the most. His boy bought the Gamer tee(I had one XL left) and L.I.F.E. picked up the red Astrohop. I have to speak to him, because he has a show July 1st and he's going to be wearing it while he performs. He's going to send me some music to share with you. At one point he thought the brand was called Red Baron clothing, but he corrected himself, so I'm not mad at him. He just found out and I showed the Red Baron shirt, so I can see the confusion. When he performed, he freestyled and mentioned the Red Baron in it. That was hot, because to see the shirt being mentioned out of no where was cool. After my little segment they went back to interviewing and talking to the guest emcee.

After it ended, everyone chilled for a bit. Real Deal was prepping for the next show, since they have 3 episodes a day. I was on episode 183, check out the whole thing at WWW.LIVESTREAM.COM/REALDEALRADIO201 Jay filmed two parts of the appearance, but I'm showing a segment here. The other half will partially be shown in a video of Jay & I on the digital recap.

I'd like to thank everyone at Real Deal Radio for allowing me to be on, thanks to L.I.F.E.Long for now being a supporter and his boy for rocking a new tee as well. I look forward to chillin with all of you guys again.

Stay No Less Than Stunningly Fresh,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment