Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sneaker Con June '11 Recap


Hey everyone! I'm back with a quick recap about the Sneaker Con that happened this past Saturday. First, I want to say that I'm not sure if I'll be able to put together new video recapping the festivity, but I will try. Second, thanks for all the people who came by and bought some Branded Baron items.  I really appreciate it and I'm glad I can provide you with product that is worth the money spent.



This time around I had my fellow reoccurring supporters Chi and Jamal come through and help me out. In return they were allowed to sell their sneakers and yes, money was made. In the beginning I felt a bit rushed, looking for parking even though I left early and made good timing. Luckily I met up with Jamal beforehand and he was able to bring in my bucket of tees while I parked. I felt rushed, probably because I was, since I entered with 10 minutes left before the doors opened. I hate rushing my presentation, but I had to make the tees look presentable in the time I had. I usually continue working on it until I get a few sales. I don't know if I want to stay busy or if I get a bit nervous.



First hour was slow, but then it started to pick up. I'm a competitive person and being in an over saturated t-shirt market, I'm even more competitive. I honestly hate seeing a table next to me, who is also a t-shirt company make sales before I do, but I'm fine when sales start rolling in. My friend Anderson from Bluu Dreams was selling there too and even though I've known him from college, there's still friendly competition. I'm all about supporting others and helping other brands where I can, but we're all competitive. If you have a business and you're not in it to make money, then you're lying and get out the way to those who are. The love and passion for what you want to do is there, it's time to put in the work. Anyway enough about that little rant and let's talk about the heat and yes they're a bunch of cry babies. lol

 The heat inside was ridiculously hot, that I was happy to step out of the building for a bit to catch the warm air outside to be cooler and I loved it. I'm glad Chi came in with water bottles, because you were sweating like whore in church. That was really the only downside, because it made the day feel longer.

Overall, it was good. I was able to chit chat with some of the other vendors and I found out from Alan, who runs Sneaker Con, that there will be a 2 day event in the winter and that the D.C. crowd is better than NY. I was shocked about the D.C. crowd being better than NY, but I'm also excited since I plan on attending that show. Check out the pictures below and I'll give you a brief comment on some of them.

Stay no less than Stunningly Fresh,
      Joe



There was a huge blank Adidas sneaker that everyone could tag up and Jamal went over there and put a Branded Baron sticker on it. Awesome indeed!




Packed house



Chi and Jamal chillin and sweating. It was so hot, Jamal was about to pass out, but he sold a couple pair of sneakers.

We had to get some food, since we were hungry and some New York pizza hit the spot. YUM

Here are a couple people who are now Branded Baron-









Shout out to Dez of Fly Kickz. She creates very cool sneaker art and custom jewelry(below). This picture doesn't do her justice, but she's attractive and has posters for those sneakerheads who love chicks with kicks.



Outside

This is what Chi wanted to sell.

Kicks for Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment