Monday, March 7, 2011

The Armory Show Recap


On Saturday Anderson of Bluu Dreams Clothing and I went into Manhattan to check out the Armory Art Show. We figured it'd be good inspiration, he also wanted to check out the art by Kaws, and I always like checking out art exhibits. We both drove in, which we realized was dumb, because it took a very long time, before we found parking spots. I think I pissed someone off when I was standing in a spot that I was holding for Anderson, whatever. One IMPORTANT thing you must know is if you have a student id make sure you have it on you. Well, that works if you're young and your id doesn't show when you graduate. My college ID doesn't have the year I graduated, so I'm always using it to get good deals such as for this event.


While we were checking out the event, we were just overwhelmed with how much art there was being exhibited. I mean I can say the same for museums, but went up and down each aisle. "What is Art?" is definitely a question that will always be asked, because there were so many traditional and non traditional/avant garde pieces. I mean there was a dead horse on a table? I don't know what to think, except it's going to piss and gross some people and I don't know if that's "art" or a stuffed dead horse on a table.  I've been on a watercolor phase for the past year and a half or so, so I appreciated those pieces. There definitely was a lot of talent shown.

So if you haven't already, check out the the video recap that's at the beginning of this blog post. That is only a glimpse of what was there.





Stay no less than Stunningly Fresh,
      Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment