Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bust Magazine's Craftacular/World Maker Faire Recap


What's going on everyone?! Good or great I hope. This past Saturday Branded Baron had space over at Bust Magazin'es Craftacular/World Maker Faire out in Queens. I had help with my boy Chi and I shared the spot with Anderson of Bluu Dreams. We all knew each other back when we were in college, so we were able to kick it while we were there to let people know about our brands.


This event was a fun one because it did have a bunch of vendors, free craft activities, and science events to check out. I will post the video later, but I saw the guys who made the mentos/diet coke spectacle at this World Maker Faire. It's Fall, but it certainly did not feel like it with the weather being so hot. Good ol' summer did not want to leave.

I honestly thought that Bluu Dreams and Branded Baron sharing wasn't going to be so great after we finished the set up, because it felt so tight and the customers would not have enough room to check out the shirts from both companies. We weren't able to hang our banners, but it worked out fine and everyone got a chance to feel the swagger of Branded Baron and Bluu Dreams. Yes, I said swagger.


This event was big and the space was huge, since it was in Flushing Meadows, Corona Park, Queens. Yes, we were by the tennis courts for the U.S. Open and near Citi Field. There were a lot of people of that came by and they stopped by to enjoy what we had to offer. I never know how the reaction is going to be for Branded Baron, but it was positive. I'm really happy people complimented designs and a bunch of people picked some shirts up. I tried selling hoodies, but it was way too hot and no one wanted to mess with that just yet. Not everyone who came by were from the NY Metro area, because I sold shirts to people from North Carolina and Cali. I definitely liked talking to all the people who came by. This one couple came back before leaving and I asked them how they enjoyed their day. They had a good time and that's great, because you need to have fun. I'm glad they left on a positive note and tee. :) The day was a great day to have fun, bottom line.



I definitely had tons of fun cracking jokes, listening the eclectic collection by the DJs, enjoying the vibe of the event, meeting new people, and having new people wear Branded Baron. I think I would like to do it again next year. Thanks to Anderson for this little collabo, we were able to bounce some new ideas off each other and that was good. I have to thank my boy Chi for helping me out and I think he's going to help me out again at Sneaker Con in October.

Stay no less than stunningly fresh,
     Joe


More pictures of the event, I will be posting a video later on:



I remember this caught his eye and his brother ended up purchasing the sorcerer hand's tee
This dude really liked this shirt and I'm glad he picked it up.

She liked this shirt and I remember she also didn't want to buy anymore black tees, which she looked like she wanted.



I thought they had a great name, Wanna hava cookie
This was a cool molding method.
Anderson of Bluu Dreams bringing some lunch. Yes, I had to help sell his shirts since he went out. There's nothing wrong with being nice.
Chi bringing the smoothies while rocking the guy's "Love Gambles All tee". 
Yum. Gyro and a strawberry banana smoothie.


The 360 degree swing of death. 

That was made with yarn. I found that to be quite impressive.

The mice for the life sized mouse trap

Not the greatest view, but that's the mousetrap. I don't know how many of you played or remember that board game.


Oh yea. The Diet Coke/Mentos show. They said it took 3 hours to set up, but it took about 3 minutes to have all the diet coke launch.
Looking out from inside. I see one of the BUST magazine tables.

I had to sit down and chill for a bit.














No comments:

Post a Comment