Monday, September 6, 2010

Boston Recap Part 1-UFC Fan Expo

I should've posted this right away, but the past week was another busy week for Branded Baron. Good things to come. Anyway, the last weekend in August was awesome from the anniversary to the White Train event to the UFC Fan expo, and chillin in Boston.



 Anthony wanted to head to Boston for the UFC Fan Expo and it was cool to go. Josh from MMAValor.com went to the last one in Vegas and said it was fun. Unfortunately Anthony and I didn't link up until fight time, even though we were in the same facility. Weird, I know. There were some cool games at certain booths like the American Gladiator jousting and this speed punching bag game that Tiff wouldn't play with me. I did that by myself, but you had to punch the target as fast as you can in 30 seconds. Tiff said I had a score of 166, which is okay I guess. See the picture below on what it looked like.

If you wanted to get a picture taken with any fighter, you had fun waiting on line. I didn't care to take a picture with anyone, nor did I want to wait on any line. Anthony got a bunch of pictures with a couple fighters from Roy "Big Country" Nelson to Martin Kampmann. I'll see if I can have him send me some photos, because he's not the fastest person to upload photos. There were a ton of UFC fighters and even the latest Celtic Shaquille O'Neal aka The Big Shamrock were in the building. I watched a Chuck Liddell answer questions from the fans and some from Mike Goldberg. I enjoyed that very much, but some people were asking ridiculous requests. Some guy asked Chuck to sign his bald head and then we found out that Chuck was going to shave his head for charity. His mohawk is part of his persona. Here's a great question and I'll title this video, "What's a Chuck Liddell?" 


It was definitely cool to see everyone having a good time and the fighters showing appreciation to the people that help pay them. I thought it was weird that Strikeforce lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez was signing at one of the clothing line booths. One thing I didn't like, besides it being incredibly packed was the clothing lines weren't that great. They all looked like copies of one another.


That was on the way to go watch the fight.


Tiff and I picked up Anthony, his wifey, and future sister-in-law and headed to watch the fight at a bar that happened to be across the street from Fenway Park. Being that I'm a Yankee fan I had to rock my New York Yankees cap which I matched it with the original "To Live Is To Fight" shirt. You know a picture of Branded Baron and the Yankee had to be taken right in front of Fenway. It's my obligatory duty as a Yankee fan. The fight was great and Jersey's own Frankie Edgar was able to retain the title he won months ago from B.J. Penn. Congrats to him.

Mike Goldberg and Chuck Liddell


Blurry picture of Rashad Evans


Matt Hamill

Tito Ortiz


Anthony & I at the bar watching the fight.


Rockin the original "To live is to fight" t-shirt and Yankee baseball cap in front of Fenway Park.


Boston Recap Part 2 coming shortly.

Stay no less than Stunningly Fresh,
     Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment