Monday, October 26, 2009

Qn5 Music Show at Bowery Poetry Club


::RECAP::
So on Friday 10/23/09 I went out to see my favorite hip hop label and acts, Qn5 Music(http://www.qn5.com) perform at the CMJ showcase at the Bowery Poetry Club on the lower east side. Of course I was rocking my Branded Baron shirt and the new Branded Baron hoodie.(Yea,it'll be available soon.) The label consists of a bunch of great hip hop artists and it's definitely a very fresh sound compared to what's on the radio. Good music like them should be on the radio and television. I know one of the artists, Substantial had his music video premier on MTV and BET, but it should be in heavier rotation. I saw Tonedeff, PackFM, Substantial, and Mr. SoS perform and I feel they're a MUST WATCH. When Qn5 hosts the Qn5 Megashow that's the ultimate go to show, because they guys perform their best every time they're on stage and they outdo themselves during that event. In general they are a great group to watch perform and possibly the best. NOT ONE rapper touches their live show. These guys could have an off night and it'll still kill it. Just because a rapper is on tv and on the radio does not mean they can perform their song well. Most of them are pretty boring. One notable moment was the freestyle cypher that PackFm had. He's known for freestyling at every show and he had a bunch of people in the cypher. I was so mad when my camera died on me, because it was naaaasty. Icon the Mic King, Mr. Mecca, Homeboy Sandman, and Mr. SoS along with Pack rapped off the head. Mr. SoS killed it when it was his turn, but don't get me wrong they all did,
The event was streamed live for everyone in the world to see if they couldn't make it and they had a screen with a live twitter feed in between sets. I thought that was cool and had me thinking about trying that out for the Branded Baron event on Friday. I captured video of PackFM and Tonedeff. I had video of Substantial, but that was on my cellphone and before I realized, "Hey I brought a camera, let me use it". My camera died, so I had to use my girl's camera and then I had to resort to using my cellphone again. You can check out the videos. I spoke to Substantial and PackFM for a bit and one thing that I always liked about them is they're chill down to earth people. Also, if you ever chat with them for a bit, they're funny dudes. I ended up buying a new Substantial mixape. I have the majority of the artists Check out the videos, listen their songs, and buy their music. It's music definitely worth buying. I really should give a better and more in depth recap, but you really have to be there to enjoy the performances fully. Here's some videos to give you a sample of what it's like.

-Joe

PackFM and I
Substantial and I
It's funny how both pictures have opposite facial expressions.




This one isn't something I recorded, but the freestyle cypher was soo fresh...I mean Stunningly Fresh










No comments:

Post a Comment