Monday, October 19, 2009

Freshquito Magazine w/ Corp Cartel & The Gem-N-I


So yesterday was quite the interesting day. Freshquito Magazine had a photoshoot for Corp Cartel & The Gem-N-I. For those that aren't familiar with the Corp Cartel they are a Washington Heights trio that have released a bunch of mixtapes hosted by reputable DJs like DJ Carl Blaze(RIP) and L. Boogs, performed in various locations and not just the NJ/NY area, and won an Underground Music Award for best group in '07. They have some heaters in their catalog. Jay Wise, Chaos, and Yung Tana are the Corp Cartel. The Gem-N-I you know who they are and if not you can check the previous blogpost, here.
Freshquito (http://freshquitomagazine.ning.com/) is a new magazine focusing on music, fashion, and anything that is hot and fresh out there, which is run by Mister Tony Bregga. He decided to take these hungry artists and bring them some shine. I was there to help give them some style with my shirts and support. Freshquito Magazine and Branded Baron are still working things out. Besides I want my V.P., Anthony to get some of the spotlight in the interview and we have to have our models and other Branded Baron loyalists there too. You have to break bread and share it, even if you still have the bigger piece at the end.
The day was an ugly day, rainy and cold and everyone thought it was going to be an indoor shoot. Well we meet up in Washington Heights, then head to get to the photographer who's taking us to the location for the shoot. We get there and it's freezing. You'll see Jay and I mention it in the video and what everyone else is wearing. SO cold. Photos are taken, we head to another location and by that time it was getting later in the day and people were getting tired. I stayed with Tana, Chaos, and Jay in the car while EZ and Brigantti were out in the cold getting their shots taken. I heard the intro to Jay Wise's "The PRE-FRESH Mixtape" the mixtape before his album "Fresh" and it's hot. I wasn't sure if it was an intro song, but I think the more I hear it, I can definitely see it as one and setting up the songs. It doesn't hurt that he shouts out Branded Baron. Anyway Corp Cartel finishes the shoot and then there's a final group pic. Since I'm part of the crew Team Mile High(Corp & GemNi) I step in to get my Tyson Beckford on. Shout out to Dan Brody the photographer. Check his site out http://danbrodygallery.com/
After we head to Headquarters in Manhattan for these two groups to be taped for an interview. Everyone thought it was a regular nightclub. NOPE. We were wrong, because it was a Gentlemen's club. I know some people were disappointed the club wasn't open. Let me tell you, the owner is a BOSS. Forget what some people say, dude is no joke. The video interview went well and thanks for both groups for showing love to Branded Baron in their interviews. You can see Brigantti rocking the Gamer tee. Overall it was a cool time and fun time. Nothing but crackin jokes and styling while being cold.
***SERIOUSLY*** Why don't rappers smile in their photos? Is there some sort of rule that says, "NO RAPPER SHALL SMILE IN A PHOTOGRAPH"?

Here's some videos & pictures of the event.


-Joe
Waiting for the videotaping. Me, Jay Wise, Chaos, Brigantti, Allen EZ
Jay Wise, Brigantti(Gamer tee on), Allen EZ
Bregga found this on the floor and it was too funny not too take the picture of it. If you don't get it then that's good. You have a clean mind. haha
Jay Wise rocking Astrohop
Jay Wise & Chaos
Allen EZ & Bregga chillin...literally
Busta said, "RAO RAO like a dungeon dragon" well I'm " Roar ROAR like a lion" 
I always like the behind the scene shots.
The crew, Team Mile High
Looks like someone doesn't belong in the picture. haha
Yung Tana
Yung Tana rocking the original Branded Baron design

VIDEO NSFW DUE TO LANGUAGE





No comments:

Post a Comment