Monday, October 5, 2009

New York Dunk XChange Experience

Yesterday was a fun day and cool experience, because Branded Baron shirts were sold at the New York Dunk XChange in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. It was definitely a sneakerhead spot with people trading or purchasing new Nike Dunks or Jordans or showcasing the newest sneakers soon to be available. There were some clothing companies that were there to provide everyone a something to match their kicks.

It was last minute show, so I did miss out on having a Branded Baron banner. I feel Branded Baron has made a presence now, especially since it was the first show to publicly sell Branded Baron. I definitely learned a lot and networked with a bunch of people, plus I had fun. It was a shame that Anthony was unable to make the event due to reasons I cannot discuss. It was definitely great that I had nice handful of Branded Baron followers aka friends of mine that wanted to help out. We shared a table where they sold their sneakers, so it brought a good amount of attention to the shirts. Thanks to Jamal, his preggo wifey Laurie, Ruthie, and Chi for helping me out. I almost forgot and Tiff for stopping by later on. Oh yea they definitely were rocking Branded Baron tees.

This was a cool event, because not only were people selling, buying, and networking, they had a dj playing music and live performances from singers and rappers. If you're a fan of the HBO show Entourage then you had the Turtle experience by watching Saigon perform. I'm a fan of Saigon, so it was definitely cool to see him rock. He kicked the "Letter P" in acapella and that was hot. Too bad I missed the first line on video.

Branded Baron will definitely be back at the New York Dunk XChange. The people who run it, have this event every quarter. I learned a lot and look forward to selling and conversing with people at more shows. Thanks to all the people who stopped, kicked it with everyone and myself at the table, took some of the free candy I had put out, took the flyers and stickers, and of course the new people to be Branded Baron.

-Joe

Here is some pictures and video footage from the event:


The table set up, with Branded Baron shirts, flyers, mailing list, free candy, a Jay Wise CD with an exclusive song "Sneakerhead" along with his single "Foolish Things", and SNEAKERS!

Early on, the Branded Baron crew. From left to right, Chi, Ruthie, Laurie, and Jamal
There were two floors and we were upstairs. Here's a look of the crowd downstairs.
Shout out to Mike. Definitely check out his site, MGrigio, with his new line of sneakers coming out next Fall. Hopefully, he could hook me up with one before that and I'll be on real exclusive status. haha I'm holding my favorite design of his. I'm rocking the Astrohop design. This picture is Stunningly Fresh on all sorts of levels.

Tiff helping out.

Jamal and Chi on a break from selling their Dunks, I mean they were posing their shirts.
Saigon Performing
Saigon at the New York Dunk XChange
Here are three new people that are Branded Baron and didn't mind having their picture on the blog. Shout out to everyone who purchased, but didn't want to their face up on the web.
Love Gambles All purchase.
The new Gamer, specifically printed for this event.
Gamer is a printed on a comfy and cozy unisex shirt.




Saigon's Intro Performance


This was a quick video clip of another song Saigon performed. I don't know why the video came out sideways.


Saigon's Acapella of "The Letter P" I'm so mad I missed the beginning, because that's my favorite part. The whole thing is fun to say, it's a hot song.


Here's a video of a whole song by Saigon. In the beginning he's talking about why producer Just Blaze isn't there and it's because he is working with Eminem. He makes an opinion which you may or may not agree with, but I don't think he's bashing Dr. Dre, he's just voicing his opinion.





Two Videos of Singers performing. One of the videos the name of the song is called "Love Go"




Here's one of the other hip hop performances there. I don't remember the rapper, but if anyone knows who it is, do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment