Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tribeca Urban Arts & Music Showcase


The past Saturday was the Tribeca Urban Arts & Music Showcase hosted by X101Jamz and Gallery 69 and it was a good event. I went there with my friends Frankie and Anderson of Bluu Dreams . Most of the artwork were created over New York City subway maps, skate decks, and canvases. There were plenty of great pieces and observing each was definitely a treat. Watching the bboy battle, which no one won for whatever reason, was fun to watch. The performances were.....there. I think they definitely  were necessary to have and it's not like all of them were bad, but they weren't amazing either. I was focused on the art and I enjoyed what all the artists provided. I was thrilled to be a sponsor for this event and I'm thankful Elevated Scott asked me to be part of this. Below are some photos from the event.

Stay no less than Stunningly Fresh,
       Joe


Graffiti legend Lava in front of one of his pieces

The crowd














The model from the tequila sponsor



Anderson from Bluu Dreams




2Uncool

Saw someone rocking one of the Branded Baron tees

Unsigned Hype Chris Jones

The owner of Gallery 69










Me, Elevated Scott, Lava, & J-ra of 2uncool



Outside the gallery


On the way to get some chinese food we stumble and see this guy wearing a cone growling. Of course we were wise enough to walk across the street, but still it was pretty hilarious to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment