Sunday, December 9, 2012

Put in the work


As I was thinking earlier about my brand and where I want to take it in the future, I started looking towards references of other brands and goal oriented people to see how they reached it. The bottom line is, which I've heard time and time again whether it's through sports, reading entrepreneurial articles, or talking with entrepreneurs/businessmen is you have to put in the work. I tweeted earlier, "To achieve what you want, you have to put in the work." There may be some luck involved, but for the most part you have to put yourself in range to reach a goal. Am I where I want to be? Am I where I want Branded Baron to be? How can I take things to the next level? Those are a couple questions that pop up in my head. It's definitely an uphill battle when there's a brand new "clothing line" that comes out everyday. How can I be seen more? Should I advertise more? Should I create controversy? Some questions are easier answered and put into motion than others. Some answers are not the right ones, but it may help get the ball rolling to find the right one.  I cannot predict the future of Branded Baron, but I can only set goals and bust my ass so I can reach them.

This short diatribe is just a reminder to myself and to everyone who has a goal that we need to do what's necessary to excel. How much do we really want our goals and are we willing to sacrifice for them? It's easy to say yes, but time will tell if we were   delusional or correct all along. What constantly burns the fire beneath me is constantly being inspired whether it's through design or discussing business with fellow entrepreneurs/friends. I'm always reminded that if they're headed in the right direction, I want to be on the same path, but through my tasks that I set. Bitching and moaning about someone else's progress, does nothing for me and it shouldn't matter to anyone else. Maybe it helps us ventilate our frustrations, but it does nothing productive. Everything factors in when you're trying to achieve something and putting in the time and elbow grease is a main one. My apologies if I sound too preachy on this late night food for thought post.

Stay no less than stunningly fresh,
     Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment