Sunday, April 4, 2010

Recap: Brooklyn Indie Market



Yesterday was a beautiful Spring day and in Brooklyn Branded Baron apparel was being sold. The Brooklyn Indie Market is a great place for designers to sell their fashion or accessories and I believed Branded Baron would fit right in. I packed my car with fellow Branded Baron helper,supporter, and my girlfriend, Tiffany with the Branded Baron items and left Jersey to head into Brooklyn. Danette, one of the Branded Baron models and designers would eventually meet us there to help out, so I knew we had a good team to help the customers.


As we arrived at the Brooklyn Indie Market(located on Smith Street & Union Street) I saw the big red and white tent with the Brooklyn Indie Market banner and was excited. I was pleased to find out that the kiosk I got to use was on the side of the street with a great visibility by all people passing by. Tiff and I set up the kiosk where it looked appealing and showed the variety of shirts.



From 11-6:30 we were selling. It was good to see people walking by checking out the shirts, complimenting, especially with the highest compliment which was purchasing a shirt or two. Since the March Madness sale is still going on, all the apparel had the sale prices. I liked being able to speak to everyone and seeing which designs they liked. I have to say yesterday's popular purchases were the "Gamer" shirt and the "Listen To Your Heart" design on all of the different color choices that were available. I forgot to take pictures of everyone who purchased, but I did remember at one point, so there are a couple of people holding up the Branded Baron shirts they will soon wear. It was cool to see Ray the owner of the clothing companyLowdtown to stop by and chat it up for awhile. Ray showed Danette and I a quick glimpse of a new design he's working on. He has a current sale on his site as well if you want to check it out.

I did bring some sweatshirts and it seemed odd, since it was so warm out and the sun was hitting us making it even warmer, but I knew it would get chilly later on. At one point of the day it went from nice to being really chilly. We were given a heater, which was great, but it was pretty difficult to keep three people warm with a small heater.


Overall, the experience was fun and I think Branded Baron will be back at the Brooklyn Indie Market another day and hopefully we'll have some new shirts.

Stay No Less Than Stunningly Fresh,
Joe

Now for more pictures & video


The video was straight to the point.


This is the kiosk before it was filled with Branded Baron apparel.


Apparently when I looked up, I saw Tiff taking a picture of me setting up.

This is a cool picture.

She definitely liked the Listen To Your Heart t-shirt.
She came through with her guitar and picked up a small "Astrohop" t-shirt.


Ray from Lowdtown and I chatting it up.

Tiffany sitting down waiting to help the next customer to come on by.

Danette was talking to someone and I had to eat at some point, but look at the presentation of the shirts on the table.

The ladies of Branded Baron

I was a little disappointed Danette was had a cheesier smile than me. lol We had a fun yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment