Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dunk XChange NYC 2011 Recap



This past Saturday was the Dunk XChange and it was cool. I continued to get the word out and sold shirts, but I'm not a fan that it was held at Hiro Ballroom. I felt that every vendor was too close to each other and it wasn't as easy for people to move around. Regardless, it's going to get pack one way or another, but it seemed like all the people that came through had a hard time walking around and could not see everything. The venue was definitely more appropriate for performances, which I like that Dunk XChange can provide that. I feel Crash Mansion was a better venue, but maybe that's me.
Eric Sosa & I holding a Branded Baron card and an Eric Sosa card.
 I did have fun and did get to meet new people. The performances were cool and the majority of them were on point and enjoyable. In the video recap, you only get a glimpse of what you missed. Eric Sosa(former Mtv2 Sucker Free Freestyle winner) came by the table and he gave me his mixtape for free. I was ready to buy it, because I'm a fan of music and good artists, and that was cool that he gave me his mixtape "RHYME & NOODLES Vol.2".  Fred the Godson did his thing and while I was setting up, he was doing soundcheck so I had a preview of his set. Cyhi the Prince's performance was cool too. Pusha-T had everyone watching. I don't think many people were trading or selling during the main performances. I definitely vibed out to what was going on.

Overall, I had fun. Some things could be improved, but that's like everything else. I have to thank my boy Chi and Ruthie for coming through. Shout out to my girl's cousin Ted for stopping by as well as Jamal. I look forward to attending more Dunk Xchange events. Check out the video recap and the pictures.














Pusha-T






My homie Jamal, came through




Stay no less than Stunningly Fresh,
     Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment