Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter New York Dunk XChange Recap

Saturday, Dec. 19th was the day of another New York Dunk XChange. It was held in Crash Mansion down on Bowery Street in the lower east side on a cold day. It was expected to snow, so I wasn't sure how many people were going to come out. I had a table with my boys Jamal and C.J. who were selling their kicks, so it was good to give some people a choice of some apparel to rock with their new dunks, jordans, or what have you. Thanks to those two for showing love and supporting Branded Baron. I was running late, so I had Jamal bring in my bucket of Branded Baron gear inside, while I went to go get parking. I knew it was going to snow and I figured it'd be best to go to a lot, then be stuck in the snow later on. As I'm setting up and Jamal wanted to pay for a beanie I realized I forgot the key to my cashbox in the car with the lot. FAIL. I know it was, but luckily my girl was there to the rescue and went to go get the key, so I can just set up and be ready to sell. If Anthony was able to make it, I would've gone and had him set up, but he had car problems that needed to be taken care of, which prevented him from coming through. I brought the Branded Baron banner, but Crash Mansion had their own name decoration on the wall which prevented me putting it up, so I improvised and put the sweatshirts up and even the "Stunningly Fresh" tee later on. There were two floors and we were in the lower level or first floor by the stage. DJ Jack Da Ripper was playing some good hip hop and I felt it just added to the environment. Only downside is the table we were at was right next to the speaker, so my ears are shot, especially my left ear since that was closer to the speaker.

It was a chilly chill event, I definitely networked, met new people, sold some items, and had fun which is key. Fun is very important...same as sales, but it's hard to gain a bunch when you look like you're miserable. It was cool to see Chase, a Black Flag Shoppe intern selling his shirts with his crew at the event. Check out his line Forever Dope . I believe he's still in high school, so that's good he's starting out in high school, I know I wish I did. I know my interest started back then, but anyways. I also met the lovely Dessarae from Fly Kickz who's a definitely talented custom designer. She definitely knows how to customize some sneakers with he artistic ability. She had a couple samples of the hand painted sneakers she worked on and she was selling some of her sexy posters. Maybe you'll see a pair of custom limited edition Branded Baron dunks in the future. Maybe I'll have to get more than one, because I know I'll end up rocking it. I chatted up with the people of DIrty Jax Clothing for bit, they are cool with Jay Wise and designed his shirts. I chatted up with Mello of Kick Game Dvd who filmed my rocking my dunks that matched my "Listen To Your Heart" shirt. That dvd should be out in 2010, so be on the look out for that. Plus, I was glad to meet people who came up to the table and purchased some Branded Baron apparel. It definitely feels great when people buy your stuff and it feels like the hard work is being rewarded. The Astrohop hoodie is definitely a fan favorite, but there were other shirts sold too. I have some photos of a couple people who bought some stuff. I was happy I didn't pack up early otherwise I would've lost a sale. It was near the end and everyone was winding down, most of the tables on the floor I was at were gone, but the guy came through and bought. I honestly thought he wasn't interested at first, just another person scoping out what everyone has, but I'm glad that he came back and bought. I definitely hope everyone loves the Branded Baron apparel they now own. They're definitely "Stunningly Fresh."

I like the New York Dunk XChange and would love to come through and do it again. The back to back experiences I had were cool.(To read about the first experience Click Here I'm glad the snowstorm didn't hit hard when I left, because originally the Jay Wise Cd release party was still happening, but it's now being rescheduled. I have to thank Jamal, CJ, and Tiff for helping out. I hope to do it again, so expect to see me and other Branded Baron supporters there and at other events.
Stay No Less Than Stunningly Fresh,
Joe

View the video & pictures below


Jamal rocking the Branded Baron beanie and Astrohop hoodie


Tiff  and I with Jamal partially in the picture.
CJ and Jamal, with the improvisation behind them. I eventually put the "Stunningly Fresh" shirt above the "Listen To Your Heart" hoodie
The crowd
Carpe Diem, baby!
The crowd
Jamal just chillin.
The Forever Dope Crew.
The Forever Dope tees.
The lovely Dessarae of Fly Kickz with her custom samples and sexy poster in the background. 
Here are a couple new people that will be wearing Branded Baron


No comments:

Post a Comment