Sunday, September 18, 2011

FRSHR Than Your AVRGE Sneaker Battle RECAP 2



Hello ALL,
    I hope all is well. I know I have not posted lately and my apologies, but the workload and stress of running a company can become overwhelming at times. So, let me tell you the FRSHR Than Your AVRGE event was a cool experience. It was the first time that it was held, so my expectations for it was to have a good time and try to gain more fans from Boston. Then again, having a good time and gaining more fans is always the goal. Ward of Bloodline Fresh Clothing hosted this and I was honored when he told me that he wanted my brand to be a part of this event. So, I'd like to thank him for that opportunity.

   After a week of ugly weather, it was refreshing to see sunny skies, which made this event to be very promising. It seemed like a cool event to be at and honestly how many sneaker battles to see? Maybe I've missed them, but I know this was my first one. The main purpose of the event was the sneaker battle, but it did contain other vendors and allowed for trading/selling sneakers. I met a couple cool people and even saw a familiar face like Paulie Hussle from Real Deal Radio.(Here's the video from when I appeared on it) He was participating in the sneaker battle.


I know I've been talking about the battle and you're probably thinking, "What are the rules?" Well the rules were the crowd would be judging the contestants on the condition of their kicks, the history behind the sneaker, and how well they rock them. It was interesting when the participants were given a chance to stump their opponent on their knowledge of the sneaker they were wearing, which showed who really knew the info on what they were wearing. It was definitely interesting to see and some people had some nice kicks. The finals was female vs female, which I don't think anyone expected. No such thing as female sneakerheads, guess again. The winner won rocking the "Ewings", which I expected her to go all the way to the finals. It was also funny that the semi finals did not consist of any Nikes. My only issue with the crowd deciding on the battles were, yes, the crowd were correct most of the time, but if you had a large group of people supporting you or you had a section that screamed louder, you could've moved to the next round. I think judges until maybe the finals would have been nice.



The turnout was okay, but I expected that from it being a first time event, but I heard that Rock the Bells was in Boston that weekend, so I figured people went to the concert instead of this. It made me think that if that didn't happen, there could have been more people. I thought the people that came by and showed love were cool. I even liked those who bought some tees. The event was definitely cool and I look forward to the next one and expect that shall be bigger. Check out some more pictures from FRSHR Than Your AVRGE.

Stay no less than Stunningly Fresh,
     Joe

Vinnie has his own sneaker blog(which he reviewed the tee he picked up) and you can follow him on twitter here . Thanks for the support

He kept coming back to the table so many times and finally decided that he had to have this t-shirt. Hey I appreciate the support.

The "no sock" sock or the "I need a bigger sock" sock. lol
Oh and his Lebrons to the Jordans he was competing in, which PROVES AGAIN that Lebron is not better than Jordan.


Yes, a bottle of Hennessy was part of the winning prize.

Bloodline Fresh's tee, cap, and posters.

Tiff holding the Branded Baron table down while I run around and take pictures.

Cool peeps from the Boston brand Inov8

Just had to take a picture of the Yankees & Giants caps.



 Yep, they wearing the Branded Baron buttons and they also rap.


 There was a dance group that performed before the semi-finals.



Can't decide which pair to wear? Wear one of each. Problem solved.

The winner with the organizers. Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment