Friday, August 12, 2011

Sneaker Con D.C. 2011 Recap



Hey Everyone! Been busy busting my ass trying to promote the Pop Up Shop, so sorry for the late recap. I'm going to try and keep it brief. First, it was fun and I was told D.C. has a better sneaker culture than New York and it seemed to be true. I tried to plan accordingly and arrive early, but that didn't happen. The GPS didn't recognize the address and I ended up in a residential area in some suburb outside of D.C., which totally made us miss a good table. I'm glad I got the table we did, because hopefully you should see some Branded Baron in a Maryland sneaker boutique store in the future. Yea, I just said that. Brand expansion is a reason why I wanted to bring Branded Baron apparel over to Washington D.C. Since, our table was the first table, then second table at the event I felt we were going to get brushed off and at first we did. I will admit that I was quite upset, but I stuck through it and eventually people came by and bought some of the tees. We did quite well and the lesson to learn is never give up. I was thrilled when some sneakerheads came to match their kicks with Branded Baron tees. The Baron Crown in Black went well with a couple people who decided to get that tee to match their Space Jam SB's. One new Branded Baron supporter came by with his sneakers, saw the tee, asked for the size, and made his purchase.



Overall, I had fun even though I was upset and nervous about the outcome. Branded Baron was very well received from the D.C. crowd, especially since our style is New York based such as the Statue of Liberty Gangsta tee and tank. It was good be in D.C., because I got to check out the monuments and it made me feel like a true American. I'm a fan of history and I happen to know a decent amount of U.S. history, so it was cool. I've been to the capitol 14 years ago when I was in eight grade, so it was cool to be there again when I'm older. Plus, Tiff never went to Washington D.C., so I was happy to take her there. I wanted to show her the Lincoln memorial, since I remembered that was a great deal when I was young and it was still cool. I never went to the White House, but I finally saw it in person. Of course there was someone protesting, but I expected more people rather than one person. Actually there was a bold Muslim, who decided to pray towards Mecca in front of the White House. I understand that fanatic Muslims are to blame and not all Muslims are crazy or bad, but that's a pretty bold move right there. The whole time was really cool from Sneaker Con to just visiting all the monuments, I enjoyed it. I definitely look forward to participating in Sneaker Con D.C. again.

Below are some pictures and don't forget to see the quick recap of Sneaker Con D.C.

Stay no less than Stunningly Fresh,
     Joe













Protecting his kicks from the rain.



Tiff in front of the Capitol Building.


Myself in front of the White House. WHAT UP OBAMA?!

Protestor speaking to people. I think he was protesting about Nuclear weapons. Is it me or is it hard to take someone serious with a crazy beard like that?





What is that pilot on the right doing?



Lincoln Memorial



Korean War Memorial





Freedom is Not Free....It's funny as I wear my Statue of Liberty Gangsta tanktop.


No comments:

Post a Comment