Sunday, March 28, 2010

UFC 111 Branded Baron Recap



So last night, I went to UFC 111 in Newark to see a great card of Mixed Martial Arts fights. If you didn't know, I'm a fan of martial arts and I've trained in a couple disciplines and I still currently train in Gracie jiu jitsu. Being a fan it made sense for me to create a MMA influenced design. There will be more limited edition Branded Baron mma influence designs. The "To Live Is To Die" shirt sold out and after speaking with Anthony, we decided we will not reprint it. Those who own it, owns a very exclusive shirt. I rocked it last night, but my girl rocked the Lion design on a white t-shirt(a href="http://www.brandedbaron.com/product/l-k-gradient-white-female">Click here to purchase, which I feel can be worn at pretty much at any event.

Back to last night. It was an amazing experience and I was like a little kid attending his first professional sports game and being since I've never attended a UFC event it sort of was. The last time the UFC was in New Jersey was in 2008 I believe, so I wasn't the only one who jumped on the opportunity to attend this sold out event. The New Jersey fighters were 3/4 last night. I didn't know Greg Soto was from Jersey, but Jersey's own Jim Miller, Ricardo Almeida, and Kurt Pellegrino won. I predicted the correct outcomes except for the Shane Carwin and Frank Mir fight. I really thought Frank Mir would've won and I'm still disappointed he lost. Shane Carwin is a good fighter and I hope he beats Brock Lesnar, I guess I'm more of a Frank Mir fan or i really wanted to see Mir vs. Lesnar 3. Oh Pelahares won his prelim fight, but when a person taps you let go and do not have to have the referee pry your arms from the hold. What was weird was I saw Wilmer Valderrama from "That 70's Show" & "Yo Mama" fame. I didn't know he was a fan of mma. While everyone was rocking other brands, I made sure I let the people I walked by and all the people sitting behind me know I was wearing Branded Baron. I have a blurry picture with Frankie Edgar with my shirt and a picture of myself after the event, where it was a bad picture, because the shirt looks bad and I know first hand it's not. The print is fine, but the picture doesn't do it justice. My girlfriend captured some video, but I would upload it to youtube, but I don't need Dana White or the UFC suing me. Other fighters that were there, Chuck Liddell, Brock Lesnar, Jon Jones, Matt Hamill, Renzo Gracie, and Frankie Edgar(both who cornered Ricardo Almeida, but also stayed to watch the fights). Georges St. Pierre dominated and I knew he wanted to finish with a submission, so it was no surprise when he was disappointed in his performance. Overall it was fun and I'm glad I went.

Stay No Less Than Stunningly Fresh,
Joe
http://www.brandedbaron.com

Here are a couple of the many pictures that were taken and believe me I have a lot more.
















No comments:

Post a Comment